Tonight we’ll be listening to and giving feedback on your podcasts. If your podcast runs a bit long, we may be able to screen only part of it, but don’t worry. I’ll listen to the full podcast when I review your site for grading.
Speaking of which, as we wind down the semester, here are some things to consider in regards to your final grade.
- Be sure your blog site is up to date and that you’ve completed all assignments.
- Use our remaining time together to edit, tweak, fanci-fy, and otherwise make your site the best it can be. Remember to use the comments and feedback from workshop as you edit — paying close attention to your written texts. If you have any questions or need additional feedback, I’m here.
- Remember that this has been an introduction to the art of digital stories. Don’t judge your work against the work of folks who have had more experience. Our purpose here is to get you started and help you experiment with the different forms of digital stories. I will be grading you accordingly.
- Your grade will depend upon the following:
- Class participation
- Blog site (completeness, professional approach, applied concepts like niche and audience)
- Attendance (tied to participation)
- Effort (willingness to experiment and try new storytelling techniques, openness to the genre, and so on
Your site should be complete by Wednesday of finals week. You’ll have until 11:59 that day to file your final edits. After that, I’ll review your sites and provide feedback on your progress for the term.
If you have any worries about your grade, or about your work from now until the end of the semester, please make an appointment for an additional conference. I’ve got you.